2013/03/28

Floating aimlessly in space


This was how I felt the last weekend, when it finally dawned at me why I was in such a weird mood those last months. Because guess what, I've reached all of my goals I had so far. What goals?
Well, the biggies:

  • Abitur (german version of the A-Levels) - check
  • Vocational training - check
  • Academic studies (Diplom-Wirtschaftsingenieurin (FH)) - check
  • A well-paid job that I like and excel in - check
  • A nice flat - check
  • A washing machine - check
  • Triathlon - not interested anymore therefore crossed off my goal list

Without realizing it I had reached my goals and I didn't know what to do with myself. Especially after work in the evenings, I'd come home and didn't know what to do with myself. Even watching "Friends" and "Big Bang Theory" had become stale. 

So, I used my weekend to ponder this and I came up with a new "big goal", which incidentally had already been there all along. Funny how things work out. And no, I don't want kids! 

Anyway, I feel centered again and that's exactly what I needed. 

Do you have goals?


No comments:

Post a Comment