2012/02/21

Classic Entrance and a little of mood shopping


This is the formidable entrance to the church of the little Saxonian town Wolkenburg.

Yesterday I had a really frustrating day, so to boost my mood I went to my local artists supply and got myself a nice little gift. A COPIC Multiliner 0.1 and a square sketchbook.


I have been lusting after this kind of pen for 2 years now. I've had come across them for the first time in my Manga phase. Then last year I've had them in my shopping basket time and again, and time and again I put them back on the shelf. Yesterday was the big day. It took me a while to decide the size, but I think 0.1 is just perfect for me at this moment, I can buy smaller later on.



The sketchbook was due to the fact that I want to do a certain project and for this I need a square sketchbook with real bookbinding. All my other sketchbooks are ring bound and not squares. I admit I have a crush on square paper. DIN A sizes are just too normal and remind me to much of writing paper. By now I have as much square paper pads as I have DIN A papers. And I really prefer to draw on squares.

Left side binding paper brilliant white, right side drawing paper.

And I prefer paper that is not brilliant white. Drawing paper for schoolkids is always this extreme white. No wonder I never liked arts class at school. The brilliant white of copypaper hurts the eyes, well, my eyes at least. And copy paper or school drawing paper is lacking structure. Seriously, it's no fun at all.

But I've got tons of funstuff now, so I'm going to use it.

Have a great day.

2 comments:

  1. Hurrah! New supplies are always so inspiring-- glad you're back to sketching. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the perspective in the close-up shot of the pen.

    ReplyDelete